Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hope to See You

January brings my favorite OWS tradition: the PA's Multicultural Event.  Every year the committee outdo themselves providing fun and exciting opportunities to try out activities from specific areas of the world.  This year's extravaganza, on Saturday, January 26th, will feature the cultures of Polynesia.

Students in Kindergarten through Fourth Grade have been practicing a canoeing song, "Tongo", to perform at the Event.  Any student who's present at performance time--currently I believe that to be sometime between 6:00 and 6:45 p.m.--will be welcome to come forward and take part in the performance.  I've posted the words just to the right of this post.

And fourth- through seventh-graders who are currently participating in the "Glee" after-school activity on Mondays have been preparing a Maori song, "Pokarekare Ana".  It's a love song communally created by soldiers missing their wives and girlfriends in 1914 New Zealand.  Only the students in "Glee" will be onstage for this one.  Again, I believe it will be between 6 and 6:45.

Watch your "Quick Take"s for your opportunity to sign your family up for this splendid event.  It's moved to a larger venue this year, so I hope they won't run out of space; but I intend to sign up the first moment I'm given a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment