Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Wonderful New Year! with Recorders!

I'm so happy to see everyone again, and to meet new students! I spent most of the summer planning a wonderful new year for my kindergarten through fourth grade music classes and for all my recorder players!

If your child is in third grade or older, s/he will have a chance to order a recorder very soon. It's possible to participate in the recorder program (which happens during the school day) and play in the spring concert without buying a recorder; but I have never seen it happen. The students really need a Baroque-fingered soprano in order to practice at home, so they can hear themselves play. It's not a big commitment of practice time; once they learn the basics, practicing fifteen minutes a week will probably put them among the best players.

For more information, look to the right, below the "Blog Archive" box, and choose the "Recorder Program" page.

No comments:

Post a Comment